Saturday 9 December 2023

Property For Sale

Whilst sorting through my various boxes of wargames figures etc, I remembered that tucked underneath the bed was one with some 10mm buildings that I haven't used for years. To be honest I'd forgotten they were there, given that I've used 6mm buildings for quite some time now. Shocking I know, but sadly easily done with stuff spread all across the house! Given they  were now deemed surplus to requirements, I took some quick snaps in an attempt to sell them locally, given the cost of postage these days, talk less of them potentially getting lost😞!

So I thought I'd share them as I was rather surprised at how much time I must have taken to paint and base them and was pretty happy with how they looked. All of them are from Timecast unless otherwise stated.

A simple Spanish house, for when I was into the SCW, before the AVBCW took over.

Another, larger, Spanish house. I think the roof tiles could be a bit lighter and more terracotta like, as looking at them now they are too 'red'.

A complete mix of scratch built ruins, originally for when I was gaming in 15mm. They still look OK for 10mm at a push. A complete mix of materials, but mainly Will's Plasticard and cork table mats. I had great fun making these.

A farmhouse with attached barn.

A house with attached workshop or smithy.


A scratch built barn, made from Will's Plasticard.

Scratch built terraced houses that I made for Pendraken, that they briefly sold some years ago.

A rather nice church that I never got round to making a base for. Shame that.

Well I did enjoy looking at these after so many years hidden from view. Looking at them now I realised that I had less projects on the go and so less distractions, allowing me to spend more time on each piece of terrain. Something I really need to bare in mind moving forward!

TTFN.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely presented pieces …. A nice find :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm! I did spend more time back then on basing and had planned to do more, such as adding walls etc. Sad to think though that I had forgotten I had them, considering they were under the bed.

      Delete
  2. I particularly like the first two SCW buildings and might try pinching the designs for my 20mm stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timecast do have some lovely ranges, but the models can have air bubbles in, more so as they had switched to a water based 'resin' back then. You also had to leave them to fully dry out before painting.

      Delete
  3. Great little models Steve. You can see what you did in your career, seeing those scratch builds.
    Chris/Nundanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! The ruins were test pieces to try out different bits of Will's plasticard, basing options etc. Like many of my ideas, they never progressed further as my mind moved onto other things.

      Delete
  4. Whoever gets this real estate will be very pleased. Some of these look familiar. Have we seen them before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they will jon but not takers yet:(. The ruins might have featured over the past few years and the SCW in the narrative campaign I ran that you took part in? As for the other buildings, I can't honestly remember when they last graced the table, it was so long ago!

      Delete
  5. Lovely models Steve. Someone is going to be lucky to get these πŸ˜‰
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff! Sadly the property market appears to be in a slump in the build up to Xmas:(.

      Delete
  6. A whole village hiding under the bed , very nice and a shame not to use them πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shame indeed Matt, but I find that they don't give that visual look of a town or big village which I can achieve with 6mm. For skirmish level games they would be perfect.

      Delete