Wednesday 15 June 2011

Cold War Commander

It has been quite a while since I last played CWC. This may have something to do with the fact that I only have BAOR forces ( Note future plans include buying some Warsaw Pact forces from H&R, my prefered choice for 6mm). Following on from my recent AVBCW game, my mind turned to how I could use my existing forces to come up with a viable game that I would enjoy.

My first thought was to try a modern version of AVBCW. Fortunately there is a wealth of background material on the following Blog:


However, this really didn't tick the boxes as far as I was concerned, possibly because it would be too similar to my recent game. So my next thought was to try a game based around a NATO exercise somewhere in Northern Europe, with my armoured British forces either attacking  or being attacked by British Paras. This would give me a lot of flexibility in terms of scenarios as well as it being a plausible exercise that may have taken place. This then got me thinking as to whether I could use my Paras as Soviet Spetznaz troops who have parachuted in in disguise, a la The Battle of the Bulge.

So far my mind is not made up, but which ever of the options above I go with, I hope to be able to get a solo game in again this Friday, all being well. Time to go off and come up with a scenario, forces etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment