Tuesday 25 April 2023

Warning Order #62

The latest issue of the ever excellent Warning Order magazine is now available for downloading. I always enjoy perusing what Matt has to say and being of a similar age, sometimes it is quite a trip down memory lane. 

Last issue Matt asked for some feedback on playing BKCIV games and how others go about it. I contacted him and gave him my thoughts and how I approach things etc. Fortunately for me he found this interesting and useful and, as a result, published it in this edition!

Right, off to have more of a gander on what else is in this issue.

6 comments:

  1. There is always something in every issue of WO that I find interesting. How do you know when a new issue has been published?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know an issue is published roughly every 3-6 months, so tend to check in now and then on the homepage, which gives an update on progress of the next issue and likely publication date. For this one Matt dropped me an e-mail to let me know it was live, which was very kind of him.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about WO, Steve. And congrats on having your piece published in it! I look forward to reading it. WW2 is not my period (far too few pretty flags ;-)) but I'm sure the ideas on scenario creation will be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome David! Yep, happy to have something 'published' as it were, but whether it is of interest and use to people remains to be seen.

      Delete
  3. Nice article Steve. It’s always good to get something published (although I’ve only ever achieved it in fan publications). By coincidence, I was browsing through an old issue of Lone Warrior the other day and stumbled across an article I’d written. 1985 - what a long time ago 😞
    Warning Order is a great magazine, but I’m often overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stuff to read. To be fair, I often just scan through articles of no particular interest and save the time to thoroughly read the stuff that IS of interest. That includes your article, naturally 😉
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff! I scan through WO and then peruse it at leisure and like you, skip some articles that are not of interest to me.

      Delete